Thursday, May 12, 2011

First Inspection

It's finally (barely) warm enough to check the hive! Weather has been cold and miserable all week. I have no idea how the bees are doing, or if they have any syrup left.  Here is my inspection report;

Bees are calm and queen has been released so I removed her cage. I didn't check for eggs at this point since it is still very early.

All syrup has been consumed from the in-hive frame feeder. It is bone dry. I was worried about this since it has been too cold to open the hive to check it. I decided to switch to an entrance feeder. At least then I could see how much they are consuming, and can refill without getting into the hive.

Bees have started to draw comb on 4 frames, but it is still thin, but encouraging nonetheless.




No comments:

Post a Comment