Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Queen saga continued

So I rechecked the hive again today. It's a wonder the bees haven't packed their bags and left yet. There are still NO EGGS and the hive is calm again, but now I found 3 supersedure cells! I have to do SOMETHING. Upon the advice of someone from the Wasatch Beekeepers Association, I removed all the supersedure cells I could find, sprayed the hive (mainly the frames but the bees too) with sugar syrup and bee oil and re-installed the new queen. The bees aggressively crowded the queen cage again, but I really need to let the bees work things out. I will check again in 4 days to see what is happening. I hope I can stand it. Here are what the cells looked like -


Supersedure Cell
Beginning of a supersedure cell

See - no eggs... :-(

Some pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment